16/03/2017

Ballads of War 1x14 & 1x15

You wouldn't believe it, but... yet one more character joins the group!



This is but an action boost leading to the conclusion of the urban plot. So all this until now has served the purpose of introducing the main characters as well as a lot of supporting roles, which will find themselves intertwined in the pages to come.
We have learned that everyone here seems to be quite dangerous and that no one seems to be as plain as suspected at first sight. We have met the core characters (for now) so it is time to slow down a little, let them interact with each other and let the reader get used to them and the story thas is meant to be told here. Some of the supporting characters were not to be fully developed until the second or third volume of the series, but they needed at least to be introduced, so I could come back to them in due time.

Along the years I've sometimes regretted the fact of not having shown more of the hive, more urban stuff and get more 40K-ish in a Necromundan sense of the term. But hey, what's done it's done. The main story was never thought to be told in that way, so the city has served its purpose.

This is it for now. Keep in mind that now the story begins!

You can keep track of the previous pages HERE.

I hope I'm keeping you entertained!

12 comments:

  1. I love this project! Great looking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Glad you like it, given how experimental it all was, I wasn't sure of the reactions I could expect, hehe.

      Delete
  2. Cool - I was wondering when the Eldar would show their fightin' skills! Great stuff mate, looking forward to seeing what happens next!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You'll have much more Eldar action, trust me (mwahahaha...) :D

      Delete
  3. Very entertained! If you wanted to have more "hive shots" a reworked version of this (say in a single PDF) could have a few full page splash images.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm very seriously considering the remake-in-my-own-setting idea. The main setback is that it would imply a kind of commitment I cannot fulfil right now :(
      I should make a serious life priorities re-schedule :D

      Delete
  4. Seems like one of the main villains made his appearance.
    It was a good prologue, a bit fast paced but it served it's purpose well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm, I cannot speak of what will happen with the characters :P
      Glad you are liking it so far, let's see what goes next! ;)

      Delete
  5. Brilliant looking forward to the next installment

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'll go scan & translate some more!! :D

      Delete
  6. Hmmm I was just thinking you should try submitting story ideas to Black Library. You never know. I did a few times myself and even got an email saying they will definitely get in touch but sadly they never did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I never considered it, honestly. While of course my drawing skills are lightyears far from professional, I have a few ideas that I think could fit in the 40K universe, it would be fun seeing them turned into an actual thing, hehe .D

      Delete