25/03/2018

The rib bone is connected to the arm bone

If you haven't read the title singing, then the whole pun is lost ;)
I am (fully) aware that in recent times I have started several projects that demand my attention, like a Throne Room (and more) for my Genestealer Cult, a realscale Space Marines force for the Space Sharks and a Wasteland Walker. Oh, and many others that I cannot even recall right now, of course. Those are just the most recent.

But it is always a good moment for a short standalone new project! Yes, because this is me and that is how my mind works. Ahem.
The thing is that I rescued a bunch of minis that I got like... a year ago? Two, maybe? Shame on me, I know. It's this wonderful set of Pirate Skeletons by Via Ludibunda. I got them when they were released, it was love at first sight. I've finally painted them!

You might be thinking of the Pirates of the Caribbean movies
But I can only think of Monkey Island
How do I need a ruleset for a 28mm Monkey Island game

The release special offer included this pirate lady, who of course could only be painted in one fashion...

...I mean, in Elaine Marley's colours
So here you have them all:

No, I'm not fat, it's just that al the others are all skin and bones. Specially bones
I considered painting them in darker tones and with a kind of desaturated palette, but on a second thought I wanted them to look fun and comical, all Monkey Island style.

I bought them in an impulse (as all my hobby related things), so I honestly have no idea what other ranges of pirate skeletons are out there (though I think I've seen some) and what ruleset could be fun and easy for small skirmishes. So I'll have to do some research :)

The only certainty I do have right now is that I need to find proper minis to convert and make a Guybrush and a LeChuck! :D

12 comments:

  1. What an excellent looking miniatures and fantastic painting work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I loved them all as soon as I saw the bunch.

      Delete
  2. 'Reaper' do some lovely skellie pirates . . . . I'm just saying ;0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ouch. Now I'm forced to browse them! Look what you have done!

      Delete
  3. Brilliant job !
    I think there is another range of skeleton pirates but that's still pretty niche indeed !
    I've painted a few of those guys and I really fancied them as well !
    Keep posting the projects coming as they come !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember your paintjob (and conversion!), it was totally ace. The problem is that I may end up trying to develop a homemade Monkey Island board game :D

      Delete
  4. These are cracking Suber. The models are really nice. I've not seen them before who are they by?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Via Ludibunda is the answer! You can find the link above, but just in case:
      https://vialudibunda.com/equipage-squelettes-pirates.html
      Go get some!

      Delete
  5. Your work ... fantastic! That song .... arrrggghhh it's now in my head. XD

    ReplyDelete
  6. A characterful crew. When it comes to skeleton pirates these are some of the best I have seen, many are simply to menacing looking. I also like the flooring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As soon as I saw the minis I knew I wanted them. Not too over the top, not dull. They are simply perfect :)

      Delete